Keep a sense of humour
‘When we can begin to take our failures nonseriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.’
New Zealand writer Katherine Mansfield
Here’s a peek at one of the chapters from UNLEASH YOUR INNER SEDUCTRESS:
Having a good sense of humour is a wonderful asset when unleashing your inner seductress. This doesn’t mean you have to have a selection of jokes or one-liners to roll out – instead it means chilling out and being able to look at the funny side of life as you go about your daily business. A woman who has a sense of mischief and a ready laugh is much more attractive than someone who is uptight and scared of having fun. In many ways, it is making sure that the child in you is alive and receptive to all the quirks of life. According to the Discovery Health Website, by the time a child reaches nursery school they will laugh about 300 times a day, but adults only laugh an average of 17 times a day. Look on the funny side of life and increase your laughter average.
A seductress sense of fun:
• Having snowball fights.
• Building sandcastles.
• Occasionally staying out all night.
• Hosting an old-fashioned slumber party with friends.
• Having a pillow fight.
• Playing practical jokes.
• Dancing in the rain and not caring that you are getting soaked.
• Watching corny comedies that still make you laugh out loud.
• Enjoying the silly, incongruous moments of everyday life.
• Laughing at yourself if you make a mistake.
• Viewing life as an adventure.
• Taking your responsibilities seriously, but yourself lightly.
• Making every moment of life count.
• Spending most of your time with fun-loving people.
Hot tip: Try to laugh every day. Laughter is good for you. It reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, boosts your immune system and improves your brain function. It helps you connect with others and elevates your mood. In short, it makes you feel good – so always look for the funny side of life.